Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C Inventory - J Rewards?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2002, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

C Inventory - J Rewards?

So I'm thinking about booking a reward seat (GRR-YEG/YYC). I log onto the AC site and I check reward availability (08/09 Mar through to 18 March). Nothing comes up as available (no J/Y). I would prefer a J seat.

I know that there are seats available from GRR-YYZ because they come up as available when I try to book them only as far as YYZ. However, nothing shows up for the YYZ-YEG/YYC portions. When I go onto ITN, though, I can see that there is a lot of C inventory. I always thought that C class was where J rewards came from. Am I wrong? Is it just ACs online booking engine? If I called Aeroplan, would there likely be seats (I hate to spend the whole night trying to get through to them, only to not get seats).
Old Feb 16, 2002, 2:06 pm
exAC

Are these dates spring break for Ontario school kids? I know that the week before is Quebec.

Good luck, you will need it.

Old Feb 16, 2002, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

I'm not sure when the Ontario kids get the week off.

I'll need luck just to get through to them - total BS.

Does anyone have a definitve answer on the C inventory, though?
Old Feb 16, 2002, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

So I only had to spend 20 minutes dialing, hanging up and hitting re-dail again until I got through to Aeroplan. Now, I've got an estimated wait time of 30 minutes (any bets on how long it actually takes?).
Old Feb 16, 2002, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Sorry... its D (and I knew that).
Old Feb 16, 2002, 3:22 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

C class inventory is for upgrades and discounted business class fares on some routes. Award comes out of D [J class] and W [Y class].

If you're not an Elite, what you see on the website is what you'll hear from the agents regarding availability.
Old Feb 16, 2002, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Empress,

I'm on with them now.
Old Feb 16, 2002, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Got a booking Empress. The AC website does not check UA space at all - that's how I got my J booking. Horray!
Old Feb 16, 2002, 3:51 pm

Sounds good. UA comes through again! [Even though it's through Aeroplan]
Old Feb 16, 2002, 5:00 pm

I am the only one that didn't understand what you did and how you did it? smile..

any way congrats on your good fortune with getting what you wanted...

Old Feb 16, 2002, 5:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nobody-elite:
I am the only one that didn't understand what you did and how you did it? smile..
</font>
Hehe... what he did was trying to get an award seat in J class for GRR-YEG/YYC. He checked AC's website for award availability but there was nothing. So he called Aeroplan and he got a seat on UA flights because one could use their Aeroplan points for UA flights [Star Alliance]. Sounds better now?

Old Feb 16, 2002, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Where UA didn't come though, though, is that since I booked a J reward, I have to sit in Y (well, E+) on the GRR-ORD sectors because UA only offers Y and F on that route. The agent told me that to move the booking up to F it would cost another 20,000 points (which is not worth it for a 30 minute hop).

Plus, I wanted to stop over in YEG and then continue on to YVR and spend a day there on the return, but the agent told me that UA awards do not allow a stop-over in North America. Maybe I'll have to just book an N/L ticket down there.

Plus, I just want to know if I'll get RCC/MLL access? I assume so (not for upgrades, but for J awards, right?).
Old Feb 16, 2002, 5:05 pm

Thanks for the explanation Empress... I really do want to learn how all of you people manage to do things...smile..

Old Feb 16, 2002, 5:07 pm

Fly enough and hang around on FT long enough, you'll become one of us. You'll be surprised how the info that you learn here will come in handy one of these days when you travel.
Old Feb 16, 2002, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

A 30 minute wait wasn't to far off the mark. After about 35 minutes a friendly and capable Maria (in YVR) helped me out. We chatted about Beijing and living in the States for a few minutes while she waited for UA to return the confirmation.

Kudos to AC on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.