Wiki Posts
Search

An interesting observation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 1998, 10:08 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

An interesting observation

I went to SEA last night to pick up my wife and child coming in on Alaska Airlines and got to the airport early so I wandered around and ended up visiting the Northwest terminal which is a separate facility (North Terminal) from the rest of the airport.

What a strange feeling to be in a massive part of the airport that was empty of people! I have been in the NW terminal when it has been packed with Christmas holiday travelers.

Has anyone else here been through DTW, MEM or MSP in the last two days? It's a stange feeling to be in such an empty airport....
Old Aug 31, 1998, 11:11 am
Commander Catcop

I have NOT been in the Northwest terminals in
the past few days... but USA Today reports the terminals are virtual ghost towns. The
businesses that depend on travels (ESP NW
Worldperks Business travelers dashing in
from the Club rooms for last minute gifts)
say traffic is off 75-percent.

The traffic may pick up a bit starting MONDAY
with angry business travelers who didn't change tickets trying to get help.

FYI: For those who need help with Northwest
Tickets, USA TODAY lists suggestions in
Monday's MONEY section (B2.) CATMAN
Old Aug 31, 1998, 1:20 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I was (unfortunately) at DTW on Saturday, but the place seemed about normal (except for the picket line) with lots of folks standing in NW check-in lines (exchanging and/or refunding tix????). I was at the far end though, away from the Northwest gate areas.

I have felt that feeling, though, Addict. Coming into ORD and IAD on redeyes at 5 am and walking through deserted terminals is not really creepy, but sort of disconcerting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.