Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Trying to place order for subs of Inside Flyer... order staff is messing up, HELP!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to place order for subs of Inside Flyer... order staff is messing up, HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2002, 7:22 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman
Original Poster

For each of the past three weeks, I've tried to placed orders for 65 copies( in incriments of 10 to 33 subscriptions) of Inside Flyer Magazine. Michelle at Inside Flyer waits until the last day of the week then batches all the orders together and charges them then. The problem is that I can only charge $3000/day to my check card (miles earning one). When they batch all my orders together at the end of the week, the amount is declined. I've explained this time and again to the Inside Flyer order takers but it just doesn't sink in. I'm out two weeks of wait time right now and I'm really pissed off.
I keep calling them and asking them to charge the orders as they come in... heck , I even tried doing it over the phone but orders I called in this Wednesday still have not been charged, and when Michelle batches them all together this Friday, the same thing will happen.... it will be over my daily limit and the charge won't go through. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OVER THERE, THIS IS GETTING REALLY SILLY!!

On top of all this, I'm giving the subs back to Inside Flyer to help thier profit margin. I'll try one more time but this is absolutely the last attempt!

CF
Old Apr 18, 2002, 9:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Sixty five orders at roughly $60.00 each comes to $3900.00. If you have a $3000.00 daily limit, why not cancel your order, then place a $2000.00 order this week and a $1900.00 order next week. But to go into a frenzy, just because Inside Flyer won't change their ways to suit your needs, is way out of line. Maybe you should consider a less stressful way to get the miles.

Old Apr 18, 2002, 9:29 pm

I wouldn't be surprised.

Not meaning to defend the dedicated staff at InsideFlyer, but wouldn't you be a little stressed and slipping in accuracy if you were getting 65 subs from hundreds of people like us every day?

That's got to be a lot of overtime.

Old Apr 19, 2002, 8:15 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

good news, after the bad news. When we tried to break down your charges, our processor flagged them as possible fraud issues and we had to wait to re-assure them it was legit. I just got off the phone with the credit/risk security department and they are satisfied that your account is fine and proper and we're working on you first (thank goodness no other problems like yours) to resolve the process in your favor. No intent for dis-customer service but you would not have known about the suspension of processing your account which we had. Not your fault and really not ours, just a credit card processing company doing their job.

Best regards,
Randy

[This message has been edited by Randy Petersen (edited 04-19-2002).]
Old Apr 19, 2002, 9:34 am

Great post, Randy!
Old Apr 19, 2002, 10:51 am
Turks&CaicosIsles

Edited out

[This message has been edited by Turks&CaicosIsles (edited 04-19-2002).]

Old Apr 19, 2002, 10:59 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Thanks T&C!!

[This message has been edited by kanebear (edited 04-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by kanebear (edited 04-19-2002).]
Old Apr 19, 2002, 5:18 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Just a side note... The FT staff has the Freddies in 6 days and between this promo and THE EVENT I'm sure they are a bit frazzled to say the least. Kudo's to Randy for being so pro-active and getting the situation resolved within an hour of it being posted! Now thats customer service...
Old Apr 19, 2002, 8:10 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Giving them back...? Why dont you just pay them and not have them send it to you? Isnt that easier?
Old Apr 20, 2002, 7:35 am
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
I am confused, the offer I am aware of is 2500 Continental Points and the magazine for $ 59.95, which works out to 2.4 cents oer mile

The price seems pretty steep to me as difficult as some points or miles are to redeem ?

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"
Follow this link to find out how to earn UAL Miles:
http://www.epoll.com/signupform-b.asp?ARP=1727
Old Apr 20, 2002, 7:44 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
If you are assuming you get NO value from the subscription itself, then yes that is a high price.

I, however, assume I will get value from Randy's publication (as many people here have stated). So, to me, the points offerred are "free".

Of course, I only ordered one subscription.

William
Old Apr 20, 2002, 8:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I am confused, the offer I am aware of is 2500 Continental Points and the magazine for $ 59.95, which works out to 2.4 cents oer mile</font>
You are correct but the award that it seems the mega buyers are pursuing is the concorde.
It is true that if you redeemed for OP you would need 80 subs to get the award but if you purchase for *wood than a concorde trip can be had for 21 subs by trading *wood points for Quantas.
Old Apr 20, 2002, 10:26 am

I was just wondering if you e-mailed Randy on this issue before posting it in a forum? Just curious. Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2002, 11:39 am
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Miles Man:
I was just wondering if you e-mailed Randy on this issue before posting it in a forum? Just curious. Thanks </font>
No but he-emailed me, even though I have my e-mail address blocked( I know he has access that other's don't.

For a top off, or a rescue of orphan points to make them usable, it may make sense when you consider a dollar cost averaging and apply the cost to the entire number of points that change from worthless to redeemable.

However - In most cases a discounted fare can be purchased for less than points can be purchased.

I could book a R/T from LAX to HNL (weekend, more flexibilty in departure dates and carriers would make it cheaper) with more than two weeks notice for $ 612.42. If I wanted to use Randy's offer to "purchase" this ticket It would be 35,000/2500 or 14 subscriptions @ $59.95 for a cost of $839.30.

That doesn't take into consideration the severe limitation of award seat inventory.

Again to top off an account, It is a great deal, to buy an entire award it may be an expensive proposition.

Perhaps some one can send me one of their extra subscriptions and I may change my opinion of a print magazine.

I commend Mr. Peterson for discussing his differences with me privately, and not re-moving my original post. The forum is open for opinions and not filtered for opinions different than the host's.

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 04-20-2002).]
Old Apr 20, 2002, 12:08 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">You are correct but the award that it seems the mega buyers are pursuing is the concorde.
It is true that if you redeemed for OP you would need 80 subs to get the award but if you purchase for *wood than a concorde trip can be had for 21 subs by trading *wood points for Quantas.
</font>
Listed below are 1:2 conversion rates from *wood

Air New Zealand Air Points 1:2
Qantas Airways Frequent Flyer 1:2

All of the rest are 1:1 or less

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"
http://www.epoll.com/signupform-b.asp?ARP=1727
&lt;/A&gt;

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 04-20-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.