Wiki Posts
Search

Tired of My Points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2000, 10:27 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Tired of My Points

I am getting really tired of MyPoints, and their continual failure to post points correctly, for either reading their offers, or for purchasing stuff from their participating merchants. Latest one--bought some stuff from More.com with the offer of 1000 my points for a purchase. Offer says 15 days to post. Doesn't post. 2-e-mails to get the answer that OK, we will post your points. PLEASE WAIT 4-6 business days. WHY???? Aren't you folks working with computers that can be updated automatically?? ClickRewards beats them in a heartbeat.
Old Feb 12, 2000, 10:46 am

I don't bother with MyPoints shopping. I would rather have cash back into pocket rather than the points.

I always use eBates. They are a great service. (no I do not work for them!!)

If you are not already enrolled, click below as I get 10% of the rebates that you earn.
http://www.ebates.com/index.jhtml?referrer=imtute
Old Feb 12, 2000, 10:51 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I second the vote for ebates.
Old Feb 12, 2000, 11:59 am

MyPints is wretched!! Their advertisers should know how they rip off people!
Old Feb 12, 2000, 12:53 pm

I had the same problem with MyPoints posting to my account but I called their toll free number and they credited me correctly.

For the More.com offer they just took my order number and the points posted the next day.

Someone had listed the toll free number before in this forum but I don't have it with me now.

Just a further note, I had been having trouble with referrel points posting at MyPoints and today they sent me an e-mail to let me know that the points had been credited and that they had been having technical problems. I am not sure whether I believe them based on their track record but the points are there so I am satisfied.
Old Feb 12, 2000, 1:17 pm

Djlawman,

you're in good company. My husband has been waiting for the more.com points for almost 50 days. After 4 emails and two phone calls, and as many promises that "the points will post in two-three business days", still nothing has posted. I'm certainly not going to try out or purchase anything out of their web site anymore, but now I'm starting to notice that half of the web site visits go unposted too. These people are ripping us off, and they're ripping off their advertisers.

Currently, my plan of action is to cash what I have for a Vacation Miles 5K award, then get out and delete their url from my bookmarks. Is there something else we could do? I mean, FT's have been an influential consumer group in so many occasions before...
Old Feb 12, 2000, 6:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Not wanting to miss an opportunity to smash MyPoints (yes, I'm at it again), I continue to have problems with MyPoints. I e-mailed them again last week (now the sixth e-mail on the topic) about 500 points they owe me from October. Haven't heard a word yet. Also, while at the MyPoints site the other day (to check my account) I thought I would pick up a few extra points by clicking around some of the web sites. Of the seven or eight sites I should have received 10 points at, I only got credit for 40 points. Not worth the trouble to even ask about these.

Technical problems? They have been having technical problems since last July when I stopped receiving bonus mail!!! I've mentioned that to them to, and was told it was a technical problem with some accounts and would be corrected. Hasn't happened. If I get my 500 points soon, I will stick around long enough to hit 5000 and then get out. Otherwise I'll take what I can now and move on.
Old Feb 12, 2000, 7:28 pm

I've been trying for months to get off their list, to no avail.

Now I just use Yahoo's "block address" feature.

Funny story though - this one involving Hilton. I tried to opt out of the Hilton specials e-mail.

I then got an e-mail something like:

To: [email protected]
Re: Unsubscribe.

Dear Mr. Toner,
We received your request to unsubscribe from our mailing list, but was unable to verify your e-mail address.

?!?

This is like the VCR that replaced it's hook-up instructions with a videotape! (Seriously - they'd shipped something like 5,000 of the units before someone realized the flaw in the logic).

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Feb 13, 2000, 5:57 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Also "waiting"/hoping for eventual credit from mypoints for more.com from a mid December purchase, etc.

DJlawman- Time to call a good attorney? Class action status? Scare 'em into doing the right thing for customers? Or time for just a little chuckle!!!

As I'd noted previously, I try to minimize contact and thus aggravation and simply, albeit slowly collect the FREE points and a few "biggies". Presently I've got about 15k points, and like many FTers are slowly going for the 20k reward for 25kmi=FREE flight.

The problem is, IMHO, that this company, by analogy, is like an individual standing on a busy corner handing out FREE candy. It's no big deal, it may not taste good, it may even actually be rancid!

Yet they'll have no problem giving it all away. It's FREE! Someone will always come by and get the free stuff even if you and I pass! Thus, the company is marginally responsive- if at all, in my opinion.

For anyone not yet signed up, if you want some free points and a little potential aggravation or you just want to see what were talking about, go to www.mypoints.com and you can start off with 150 free points just for signup. They also have a referral program which gives about 100 points per signup (my username is markwatson if you want to use it).

BTW- You can now also get another 1000pts, if you dare, at enutition.com for buying $25. worth of vitamins or something and there is Free shipping.

Hopefully, things will improve dramatically here as the company itself is growing and doing increasingly well financially.

Old Feb 13, 2000, 8:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I'm SO GLAD to have found that others have had problems with MYPOINTS. Actually, I can't stop laughing at seeing so many people getting all the same responses that I've gotten for missing points. I will say that I have earned a lot of points and consequently a lot of Aadvantage miles; but MYPOINTS is indeed the most poorly managed, incompetent rewards program out there. They need new staff, new management, a complete overhaul. I REFUSE to refer people to them anymore.
Old Feb 13, 2000, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Friends

I know this is a mypoints bashers thread. I can completely associate with how you all feel. I've been strugglin like you folks with extracting points that I earned from mypoints .

But...

I'd say that they are like many other loyalty programs and I strongly believe they are better than couple of others. Case in point:

1. Etrade. These guys are real !@#$%%^. I referred two people to them and I earned 5000 miles for each of them which should have posted in november. It took 5 phone calls and 15 emails and finally posted yesterday. Same problem with miles posting for opening accounts with them.

2. AT&T is the next worst culprit. They gave me so much hard time posting british airways miles that I almost missed my international trip.

The problem with recent more.com purchase points posting is due to more.com. They were holding it according to one mypoints rep.

Suggestion:

If you have points not posted for multiple offers, summarize them in one email to [email protected]. They definitely take action.

My 2 cents. Let me keep the fire extinguishers ready for flames )

venkat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.