Wiki Posts
Search

Six Continents Club-Great deal!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 1998, 8:31 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Six Continents Club-Great deal!

I have just recently started staying at Intercontinental Hotels on business and vacation trips. Joined the Six Continents Club. If you are staying in cities in which their hotels are located, the Six Cont. Club has to be one of the best deals going.
Membership gives you free room upgrades (and the room we were upgraded to at the May Fair Intercontinental in London was incredible); free welcome gifts (like a free bottle of wine at the restaurant in London); free fruit basket and bottled water upon arrival (don't have to raid the mini-bar for the late night snack, and get whacked with the charges for it); and separate check-in and check-out.
However, the real kicker is this--the membership gives you, each year, a free weekend night certificate at any Inter-Continental Hotel. We used it at the May Fair in London.
Cost of the Club is $100 the first year, and ONLY $35 FOR EVERY YEAR AFTER THAT! So, if you are staying even once a year in an Inter-Continental city (New York, London, Chicago, etc.), it really pays to join the club.
After all, the $35 is worth it as insurance even if it's just possible you will stay there each year.
Like to know what others think of Six Continents Club.
Old Dec 6, 1998, 7:48 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Djlawman: you are right - and many of us here on FlyerTalk share your opinion:

See under the InterContinental - Forum and lookout for postings in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.