Wiki Posts
Search

College Grad Programs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2004, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, United Silver
College Grad Programs

Does anyone know if any of the airlines offer free miles for college grads? I know I can get 10,000 miles through united for graduating college (I suppose they are trying to get my business), but I wasn wondering if anyone knew of any other airlines that were offering similar deals. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by mddolloff (edited Feb 17, 2004).]
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:04 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
Please tell me more about this offer. I recently graduated and would love to get any kind of free miles.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:34 pm
Suspended

I wonder if they can retroactively give you the graduation bonus

[This message has been edited by sxf24 (edited Feb 16, 2004).]
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gt_croz:
Please tell me more about this offer. I recently graduated and would love to get any kind of free miles.</font>
See: http://www.collegeplus.com/

Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:24 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I clicked on both of the above links and could not find anything about receiving 10,000 miles at graduation. Could you link the specific page and/or copy/paste it in Flyertalk?

Thanks !
Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:30 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RunawayNFly:
I clicked on both of the above links and could not find anything about receiving 10,000 miles at graduation. Could you link the specific page and/or copy/paste it in Flyertalk?

Thanks !
</font>
Just go to www.ual.com and do a search for "college" It should be the first link that pops up.

Old Feb 17, 2004, 7:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RunawayNFly:

Thanks !
</font>
If you go to the link sited above:
http://www.collegeplus.com/

and click on Earn Miles, the page that comes up tells you how to earn 10 000 miles upon graduation.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gt_croz:
Please tell me more about this offer. I recently graduated and would love to get any kind of free miles. </font>
The program does not give the miles retroactively, you have to register before graduation.

Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:28 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Picked up a degree in 98. A couple years after the fact, I asked United if I still qualified for the graduation perk. After FAXing them a copy of my diploma, I got 10K. Yeah United!
Old Feb 17, 2004, 12:06 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
At the age of 43 I will be getting mine next year. I just signed up for the college program but I see no link to any page that tells of a 10K bonus. Does anyone have a link to that page?
Old Feb 17, 2004, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pushback:
At the age of 43 I will be getting mine next year. I just signed up for the college program but I see no link to any page that tells of a 10K bonus. Does anyone have a link to that page?</font>
Go to www.collegeplus.com and click on "earn miles"

Old Feb 17, 2004, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM
My question is: what if you are already a United plus member and went back to school recently and just graduated? Should they signup for a new account under collegeplus? or can they apply it automatically?

Also...um..does graduating a 2 year school with your associate's degree count?

Thanks in advanced!
Old Feb 17, 2004, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Lilz1717:
My question is: what if you are already a United plus member and went back to school recently and just graduated? Should they signup for a new account under collegeplus? or can they apply it automatically?

Also...um..does graduating a 2 year school with your associate's degree count?

Thanks in advanced!
</font>
No need to sign up for a new account. Use your current one. I'm not sure about the 2-year vs 4-year thing. Just say undergrad or grad when you register so I'm not sure.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mddolloff
No need to sign up for a new account. Use your current one. I'm not sure about the 2-year vs 4-year thing. Just say undergrad or grad when you register so I'm not sure.
Does anyone know if I can re-register as a grad student now that I have gotten finished my undergrad and gotten those miles?
Old Aug 17, 2004, 6:11 pm

I'd forgotten all about this as you don't see it advertised anymore. Our future son-in-law was happy to have this tidbit.
Thanks,
Old Aug 17, 2004, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Picked up a degree in 98. A couple years after the fact, I asked United if I still qualified for the graduation perk. After FAXing them a copy of my diploma, I got 10K. Yeah United!
I'm going to have to go back many more years than that to tell them when I graduated (CSU Northridge). But in looking at their website, I see the following:

We will help you celebrate your college graduation with 10,000 Mileage Plus bonus miles. Just send the following to the address below, and your bonus will be posted to your account within 4--6 weeks of receipt:

A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university.

Your United College Plus/Mileage Plus account number.

Your e-mail address.
Mileage Plus, Inc.
P.O. Box 40
Rapid City, SD 57709
Attn: College Plus Graduation

Nothing there to indicate a date. Worth trying, even if you graduated decades ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.