Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lowest Price for First Class Fare for MAX MILES

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2004, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Lowest Price for First Class Fare for MAX MILES

Is there a tool on the internet that I could use to find the lowest FIRST CLASS fare for various flights. I am flexible with the days of travel. I figure if I could find a low FIRST CLASS fare, I could fly in comfort and get the 50% bonus miles for less money.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by collectorsrwe:
Is there a tool on the internet that I could use to find the lowest FIRST CLASS fare for various flights. I am flexible with the days of travel. I figure if I could find a low FIRST CLASS fare, I could fly in comfort and get the 50% bonus miles for less money.</font>
You need to be a little more specific with your criteria/objectives. IMO using the 50% bonus in and of itself as justification for F travel doesn't hold water (there are other ways to address the "comfort" issue).

That said, I've always found that F/J are reasonably priced between the US and both SEL and TPE, as are some RTW fares.

Old Jan 3, 2004, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Let me clarify... One simple question:

Is there a tool on the internet that can give me the lowest FIRST CLASS fare for any trip?
Old Jan 3, 2004, 10:20 pm

I haven't been able to find one. I usually use Orbitz but have to plug in dates. I hate that Travelocity's "search all dates" can't be used for F fares.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 1:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by collectorsrwe:
Let me clarify... One simple question:

Is there a tool on the internet that can give me the lowest FIRST CLASS fare for any trip?
</font>
Published F fares are generally pretty limited to two or 3 inventories. To get mcuh lower, you often need to resort to less scrupulous means, purchase specialty fares such as RTWs, or wait for sales for come around. The one exception I can think off the top of my head is cxleverage. Amex also has 2-for-1 deals with several carriers.

[This message has been edited by moondog (edited Jan 04, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.