Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Fly Air New Zealand to Sydney and Auckland for $965!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2000, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

"Fly Air New Zealand to Sydney and Auckland for $965!
Visit Australia for $965 and we'll add New Zealand for the same price! When the Olympics descend on Australia this September, the entire world will be watching the world famous city of Sydney. To experience the excitement of Sydney without the crowds, Air New Zealand and Travelocity.com are offering this fabulous pre-Olympic offer.

Travel must originate by August 31, 2000 and tickets must be purchased by August 15, 2000. Visit Australia for $965 and we'll add New Zealand for the same price"!

UA flyers get full 100% * Star Alliance status miles and status MP miles on UA when flying Air NZ.
Old Aug 11, 2000, 5:52 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
$965 = SFr 1'650.

well, for SFr 1'990 = US$ 1'163 (plus 100'000 miles from my LH account for upgrading everything to Lauda's famous 'Amadeus'-business-class) I fly Zurich - Vienna (overnight) - Kuala Lumpur - Sydney - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Vienna - Zurich with Austrian (ZRH-VIE) and Lauda Air.

Earning 22'710 LH-flight-miles and status miles in january-2001. A good start for requalifying as Senator before end of feb-2002.
Old Aug 11, 2000, 5:57 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
The above fare is good year round, advanced booking 10 days, only on airlines of the Austrian Airlines Group (Austrian, Lauda, Tyrolian), 1-stopover (= > 24 hours) allowed in Kuala Lumpur (but then I couldn't upgrade trough with the same miles). My overnight-stay in Vienna (= 23 hours) doesn't count as stopover.

Change of dates/flight-# = SFr 200 (may be waived for Senators at OS/Lauda's staff discretion).
Old Aug 11, 2000, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Agree Rudi - for about the same money I am flying 30,000 miles (=60,000 UAL points) to this fine FT First European Weekend In Desseldorf, as are you. :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000474.html

The reality is that neither of our fares ORIGINATE in the USA! We are the exceptions, not the rule.

Flying down for that price, in time for the Olympics looked like a deal some of our friends might like to hear about.

And I forgot to post the info link for this fare :

http://leisure.travelocity.com/RealD...IR_370,00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.