Air Holiday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Holiday

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2002, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Air Holiday

Does anybody remember -- or have they ever flown a charter service out of MKE, LAN and Ft. Wayne called Air Holiday in the 1970's?

I was just 8 years old then, but I remember my dad signing up for this charter service in 1971 and that was my first trip on their DC-6B.

The deal was that if you bought a charter membership for $1000 (hey, that was serious $$ in '71), then you got 6 free seats a year anywhere that they fly.

My first trip was Mexico and my second was Vegas.

They went out of business when they blew an engine on take off on their new 707 out of Hawaii. I was on that flight. It wasn't more than about a year after that before they went under.

Anybody else remember Air Holiday?
Old Jan 13, 2002, 5:38 pm

I'm a commercial aviation history buff who goes back to the mid-60s, but I don't recall Air Holiday.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
I've got a photo of me standing in front of the airplane. I'll have to find the photo, but I can scan it and send it to you if you like.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
in the early 70's , we [i] joined a club [club america i think] which bought a 720 to fly club members here & there. we went to cosumel in it once. i participated in a certification test of evacuation. i remember we didn't meet the time, mainly because a slide ripped apart , the plane wasn't full, & so was certified for less than the # of seats it had. also, they trained a cockpit crew which quit after the training. anyway, somewhere is a stock certificate suitable for framing. just glad we got back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.