Wiki Posts
Search

miles and divorce, death?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 1998, 10:20 am
Original Member
Original Poster

miles and divorce, death?

I'm writing a consumer travel story about the various ways airlines do or do not let you inherit miles in the event of death or divorce and am looking for real-life examples...how did the transfer work or not for you? How much hassle did it involve? Did it take a long time? Any suggestions?
If you can help me with my story, I'd appreciate hearing from you--email me your story and a phone number where I can reach you in the next week (my deadline's next Thursday, Nov. 19).
Sincerely,
Julie Triedman, Travel Holiday
Old Nov 10, 1998, 10:30 am
Original Member

Hi Julie

There are discussions about this on various threads in this forum. Webflyer also ran an article on it recently - try looking at the September Americas issue, which you can access via http://www.webflyer.com/@flyer/frif.htm
Old Nov 10, 1998, 7:32 pm
Original Member

Julie, There was a topic here in "The Buzz" on exactly what you are writing about. Again, set the Time frame to view the number of days you want to go back in the history of this experience. Do not ask IDUR, though, because "it" is a ghost and will not know what Gisela did with the miles.
Old Nov 11, 1998, 1:42 am
Suspended

jaws43: IDUR is watching you every night between 12-1AM.
Old Nov 11, 1998, 4:16 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
There is always a place in this world (for IDUR anyway) where the clock is between 12 and 1AM ...
Old Nov 11, 1998, 11:50 am
Commander Catcop

Julie, May I suggest that you might want to talk to someone at Inside Flyer as well to give their impressions of FF travel? I don't know how your magazine would feel about that,
but they are the experts (along with a few of the contributors to FlyerTalk here.)

Welcome to our world and I hope you will visit us often.

Rudi... I'm glad I am asleep when IDUR is on the prowl. But my cats can scare him away!
CATMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.