FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I Get A Ruling On "Impersonality A Security Risk?"
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:35 am
sefrischling

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
Scott,

While I can usually spot FAMs from both heavy travel and having spent multiple years documenting homeland security as a photojournalist both domestically and abroad I can damn sure tell she isn't a FAM.

FAM that fly never out themselves. That would be a huge violation of protocol. They also don't sit in airport lounges, never show you their badge, they donot fly every day and they certainly don't fly the same routes daily.

.........it just seemed weird she had a badge, although the wrong badge.

FAM badges have an eagle at the top with it's 'head down' and the words 'United States' in a band of blue under the eagle and the initials "US" below that band of blue. This badge looked nothing like a FAM badge.

It looked like a TSA Inpectors Badge which has the eagle with it's 'head up' , then only the initials "US"and the word "Inspector" in a band of black below that over the DHS seal.