FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini travel flat iron
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2008, 9:40 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by spleenstomper
Type 3, definitely. Softer than Nicole Kidman, though. Not as tightly curled. Lots of hair, just fine in texture. PITA.

There is a stylist here who does Chi straightener for 400.00 and 2 years ago I had it done. OMG, it was so awesome. I didn't even have to blow it dry and it would dry straight. My hair also had a great shine to it that took a LONG time to fade. It was so pretty (don't get me wrong, I think curly hair can be beautiful; mine was just too uncooperative to attempt a styled curly). It took a good 1.5 years to grow out. The problem (and it's a biggie) is that I had loads of breakage. Enough that I haven't gotten my hair redone yet.

Yes, it's that brush. I wasn't sure if Fred Segal Beauty was in the store. I think the cheaper site is a wholesaler selling to stylists.

My stylist said there "used to be" a flat version instead of round, but the round is all she can find. I probably would have bought the flat instead, but I'm having no issues with the round. It gives me a little body at the root while keeping the rest straight.
It sounds like we have similar hair. I'm mainly a 3b, also very fine, so maybe it's worth giving it a try! I'll take a look at Fred Segal next time we're in Santa Monica.

I just bought a Nexxus product today called Sleek Memory Smoothing Spray. Apparently the more frequently you use it, the easier it will be to straighten your hair. Of course, it's in a 7.5 oz bottle, so that raises a whole different bunch of travel problems!