FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEAVING Marriott 18 Feb ‘21] Equinox Resort, Vermont, Luxury Coll’n [Master Thread]
Old Jun 26, 2008, 6:20 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I posted a comment here about an hour ago, but my laptop crashed in the process and I see that it never transmitted. Oh well, I'll spare you my long earlier posting and just simply say that this is A GOOD THING!

I was in Manchester Ctr just this morning and drove right past this wonderful New England hotel. There aren't many left like it, and I'm tremendously happy to see it joining the LC ranks. Frankly, I'm surprised, since they've been fairly successful on their own, but they have their reasons.

I disagree with the notion that this place was run down. It still has four diamonds, but did lose the 4th Mobil star. The hotel is just now wrapping up their total property renovation, and I'm sure they're counting on getting that star back from Mobil!

This news is thrilling to me. For those who have an interest in Vermont or a much calmer, upscale resort that is really far removed from the rest of the planet, this could be your place. Note that this is also the hometown of Orvis, for you fishermen out there.

Not the sort of place I'd want to stay for a week, but a long weekend would be perfect. I'd always considered this place to be old guard, gentlemanly, historic, and graceful. With the renovation almost done, I'm excited to see it.