FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on leaving United
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:34 pm
drummingcraig

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by GBGFlyer

I had to pay $650 for 2 upgrade packs since it didn't recognize me as elite on check-in.
Umm, not sure what happened here, but I don't see why you would need to go so far as actually buying the upgrade packs. Assuming you had the required upgrade certs in your account why did you not straighten out the situation with a CSR???

As to your other issues (luggage, first class problems, ICC), as frequent flyers we all lose at the game of airline roulette once in awhile. As a 1K I'm not sure why you're dealing with the ICC (unless its for web support).

This 1P had a pretty painless 12 or so months of flying on UA until last weekend when things went bad. It sucked, but I wrote an email, got some unexpected vouchers out of it and will undoubtedly be back on the UA pony again soon.

As I said before, good luck with AA, but remember that being an elite can really only entitle you to good customer service...it won't guarantee that you won't end up with a broken seat once in awhile, or some baggage donkey at IAD won't send your bags down the wrong chute.