FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:04 pm
broadwayblue

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by troyb
Explain to me why someone in their right mind would sell you $1200 in real currency for about $900 plus ebay fees. Although $2 bills may be embarrassing or inconvenient to spend, they can be brought to the bank and deposited just like $1 or $100 bills.
I never said they sold them to me for less than face value. Actually, there are people selling 100 packs of $2 bills on ebay for $236. I purchased three units for $708 + $10 for insurance on the shipment. Microsoft was offering 35% off everything on ebay (searching through live.com, using Buy It Now and checking out with PayPal) on Monday and much of Tuesday. So I paid $718.50 through paypal and will get $248 (35% of $708) refunded to me in 60 days. Net cost is $470 for 300 $2 bills, or $1.56 each! I ended up going back and doing it again (since the promotion limits the cash back per purchase to $250) so I actually bought 600 total.

Unfortunately the 35% cash back is no more, but you can still get anything on ebay for 20% off. It's possible they bring the 35% back, but nobody knows. Basically this will probably go down as the deal of the year. I'm curious to know how much Microsoft paid out to advertise their new shopping website. I still find it pretty funny that they paid me $150 to buy a Sony PlayStation 3.

http://www.techradar.com/news/world-...30-cash-398602