FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Favorite Thing In Paris, Or, For What Would You Fly To Paris For Only 1 Day?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 9:35 pm
youreadyfreddie

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
I third the recommendation for a picnic in Luxembourg Gardens. It's cooler (temperature-wise) over by the trees, and sunnier/warmer over by the where the kids play with the model sailboats. My favorite is the pirate ship.

I also enjoy walking along the Seine to see what the booksellers have to offer.

They took very good care of us at Le Beaujolais on Avenue Suffren near the Tour Eiffel during our last two visits, greeting us with hugs etc. when we popped back in for dinner in May. Ricardo and Henri (the waiters) are fantastic and the atmosphere is casual, friendly, and comfortable even if your French is not so great or non existent.

The future Mr youreadyfreddie and I were in Paris in May, and may take a quick trip over in October. I'll keep an eye peeled for Cafe Angelique so I can try the hot chocolate there.