FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Favorite Thing In Paris, Or, For What Would You Fly To Paris For Only 1 Day?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 4:21 pm
Kate_Canuck
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Mr Canuck and I lived in Paris for two years. We're planning to go back for a weekend, probably in 2009, to attend the "Salon des Vignerons Independants". It happens twice a year, around November and March - and you can taste the wines of hundreds of winemakers for free and stock up on interesting wines you'll never find in a wine store (at great prices).

But you can only do that twice a year at fixed times. I went back to Paris about a month ago on business and this is what I did:

- Visited the cheese shop in my old neighbourhood (Auteil in the 16th arrondisement)
- Window-shopped in Passy (and found two great, moderately priced cocktail dresses for work events)
- Visited the Musee Marmottan (the largest collection of Monets in the world, I think)
- Window-shopped in the Marais and stopped by BHV (comparable to a Macy's, with a great hardware dept and fabric/curtain dept)
- Had dinner at Le Vin dans les Voiles (our favourite wine bar/restaurant in the 16th)