FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Promo Code
Thread: AA Promo Code
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2008, 7:12 am
KD5MDK

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by terifain
AADER was the promo code that I found. But that has expired. I am sorry I am a newbie, but I have to learn the ropes sometime. I hope others are more helpful tha Rick from Toronto. Is there a new code? Is is platinum?
Teri
AADER will probably not be replaced this year. It is rumored here that it was intended as compensation to AA fliers inconvenienced by the MD80 groundings in March and April. Then all the other airlines ran Double Elite Miles bonuses to avoid having their fliers jump ship to AA.

It's entirely possible that AADER will not be replicated for a number of years, and we who participated can act like grizzled veterans of some historic event for a long time.

As far as Platinum, it was a joke. Platinum members of AAdvantage receive a 100% bonus of redeemable miles for all their flights, so while it isn't a promo code, it is the fastest way to earn miles. Note that AADER miles were EQMs, which only count for elite qualification and cannot be spent on tickets or count towards lifetime status.