Old Jun 17, 08, 11:05 pm
UFgatorgal

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Having stayed previously at the Westin and loved my room and hotel location...was not sure what to expect at the Ivy. Stayed May 8th for one night. Agree with other posters - the gym was amazing! Bed was reallly comfortable too - better than heavenly bed. Overall room was interesting (as previously described with console in the middle) - was on the small side and did not compare to my corner room at Westin.

I would stay again if service was better. Between valet, check in, drinks in lobby, drinks in restaurant bar, dinner in restaurant, breakfast in restaurant, check out, even just getting my bag back from the bellstand - everytime I dealt with the staff it felt like "amateur hour" ! It was as if the entire staff had never worked in the hospitality arena before much less a hotel...especially one that is part of the Luxury Collection! The Sheraton Minneapolis in the "rough area of town" had better service.

Overall I was really surprised and very disappointed.