Old Jun 15, 08, 12:12 am
l etoile
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Originally Posted by LarryU View Post
Thanks for the tip. In late August, I am flying from FRA to IST on LH in C so this might come in handy.
In that case , I'll jump in real quick to give two other little tips: 1) don't go to the visa line closest to immigration. This line moves the slowest as those who didn't know they needed visas, are in a rush to get a cnx, etc. can usually find a helpful employee who will move them to the front of the lie. 2) If you are in a rush to make a cnx, find a helpful employee who will happily move you to the front of the visa line.

And one more ...while the visa site shows you need to pay in your native currency, they will take liras and there is an ATM right at the line. The exchange rate offered at the visa desk isn't very good though.

And another ...you can get your visa i advance, but it's much more expensive and good for less time.