FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Chairman's Club: Managers Dont Know?!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 3:44 pm
lardiop

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
I've consistently received great service as a CHM. At all of the US airport locations (and even most off-airport locations, although their cars are hit and miss, mainly due just to a lack of choice/inventory) - almost always I'm offered at least a Premium, if not a luxury and sometimes a specialty upon request. Just being CHM alone will make me a lifelong Avis renter!

Lardio, let me know how your experience in Canada works out. In general, my rentals as a CHM in Canada is definitely a grade below US rentals, unless it's booked thru the CHM desk.
Just that one location I've had problems with.

Rented a few additional times from other locations around Toronto, no issues at all. I found one location where the manager will literally get me any car I want out of the fleet for the intermediate rate. I send him the confirmation number along with my car choice. When I arrive its waiting for me all detailed and ready to go. Can't ask for anything more than that.

Anyone else have some CHM experiences they'd like to share?