FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi PremierPass companion airfare
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2008, 1:06 pm
SeattleFlyerGuy

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by friedablass
When you signed up for the PPE you should have gotten at least 20,000 bonus points for signing up (and spending $600 within 2-3 months which isn't too hard since you already bought an airline ticket). Those 20k points can definitely be matched with flight points, so I don't know why you didn't get yours.
I did. A year ago, and during that time everything seemed to be as in the ads above. I made the card my airline ticket purchasing card and paid the annual fee, thinking that the annual fee would be paid back as points and companion tickets.

Since then, I've found that the companion program is a joke (one of the main reasons for me getting the PPE) and that their flight point system doesn't really work the way that I thought it should, based on what they told me and what I surmised from their advertising at the time. Hence, when the opportunity to fly cheap to germany (UA/LH's spring promo), I jumped on and brought some friends along. We had a great time... but I've got 60,000 phantasmal "points" sitting on my card and I'm not going to be spending $60,000 anytime soon. Weak sauce for me, and it bugs me that their hooks for the program don't really match the way it works. It's like signing up for an all expenses paid trip to New York City and finding out that the included hotel is a motel 6 in Newark.

Oh yeah, and since I originally got a PP and then upgraded to a PPE... I only got 10k ThY points, not 20k!