FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi PremierPass companion airfare
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2008, 12:57 pm
BluEyedFF

Citi PremierPass companion airfare

Spirit Incentives, the group which handles companion airfare for Citi cards, is by far the worst companion program I've yet experienced.

After a dozen or so inquiries, there is never availability. Each time, the reason I'm give is "a base fare is available which doesn't meet the minimum of $299" (literally quoted... must be a boiler-plate response)

I've tested this the last few times with a number of discount travel sites and actually had a travel-agent friend search from her end. The last 5 inquires should have been honored... no base fare on any airline was even close to below $299. On top of that, even if the base fare requirement is met, you cannot choose the carrier, flight times, non-stop, etc.

Essentially, when the CSR inputs the data, data for a single flight is returned. That's all folks.

I must say... I'm giving serious consideration to going with AMEX Platinum again. Even though one is limited to 4 companion fares per year, the program is entirely flexible and you may choose carrier, times, etc.

CitiBank, if they care at all, should seriously reconsider the program supplier.

I voiced my concern to both CitiBank and Spirit...neither seemed the least bit interested.

Last edited by BluEyedFF; Jun 7, 2008 at 6:43 am Reason: misspelled