FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canceled Flight Credit
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:09 pm
somedude24

Originally Posted by AndrewC75
This "relatively lame" policy is the same one that all of the legacy carriers have had for years. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by it.
I am surprised about the non-transferable credits because I guess I haven't had the misfortune of canceling on legacies that often in the past few years (I did recently cancel and rebook on Continental, and faced some unpleasant fees in the process--$100 change fee plus $15 agency transfer fee, which they couldn't explain and wouldn't waive, but that's another story for another forum--but the new ticket was for the same person as the old one, so I didn't face this issue).

Being based out of NYC means we get used to--and spoiled by--the somewhat more flexible policies on JetBlue. And, for a while, other airlines like Delta and Continental were matching their fees and policies to resemble JetBlue's on routes where they directly competed...but that practice seems to have ended, as all the airlines, JetBlue included, are racing to out-fee one another.