FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback for Farecompare
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:02 pm
harryhv

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by Riot_Nrrrd
If you are going to have a "power-user fare listing tool", please make sure that it includes the supplemental fuel surcharges.
Yes international fares are always wrong, understated by 10-40%

Other suggestions
. Bring back the old page, the new one is cluttered
. "Check inventory" button, if you don't want to do this then use another site or integrate into a KVS-query that eg we can cut-and-paste into our KVS.
. "Not available" message, rather than grinding out a useless list of richly-priced fares
. Don't send Alert E-Mails for a $20 drop in a $1000 fare, maybe 25% off is interesting
. Vaguer searches, eg F class between SE Asia and Europe under $5000 between dates [edit - maybe you can do this already, I just don't know how]
. Business class does exist

Very grateful for the opportunity for input, used to use the site a lot till it became unusable.

Javascript, hmm, no objection in principle but if you're thinking of using it for additional clutter and popups, no thanks. As for the interface, would rather enter an old-fashioned text query.

I think flyertalkers don't mind typing in detailed queries with a long list of alternative from and to airports and dates, given a clear description of the format of the command - helpful too if the query can be saved. What drives us away is having to click through a forest of junk. Oh, and the constant disappointments as we click click click on a low fare which ultimately turns into a high fare.

Also please be more upfront about what's in it for you - I'm sure if you gave a shortcut to book via your sponsored link, that FTers would use it. As an example have a look at betterbidding.com where the constant refrain is
Although not a requirement for using this site, it is very much appreciated if you use the links on the board (at the top of the page, in my signature, or in the support page) to begin your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE purchases. THANKS!!"
This gets repeated ad nauseam on the betterbidding site.

Last edited by harryhv; Jun 4, 2008 at 10:46 pm