FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To whom do you declare you are taking more than US$10,000 out of the US?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:39 am
KTW

There is so much incorrect infomation in this thread I do not know where to begin. I will address a few problems.

1.. IF you are carrying in excess of $10k into or out of the U.S.A and follow all the "rules" as stated in the U.S Title Codes etc.. You are legal. No grey area.

2.. IF you are not carrying in excess of $10k into or out of the U.S.A, then you don't have to do anything. No grey area.

3.. IF you are travelling domestically and are or are not carrying in excess of $10k then you do not have to do anything and are legal. No grey area.

4.. It is based on per person and not family or friends or whatever as far as the amount. Each person is a single entity for which the $10k rules apply. No grey area.

5.. All of this crap about multiple trips which add up to more than $10k or whatever is incorrect. I can make 1,000,000 trips a day into or out of the U.S.A and have $9,999 each time with no problems and fill out no paperwork. No grey area.

6.. I travel a lot because I am a Professional Poker Player and always have more than $10k in cash and not 1 time in any country on the planet have I had a problem. While travelling all over the planet I have never been asked anything except how much I had and what I did for a living. The most currency in $100 bills I have travelled with at any time was 4.408 pounds.

I am tired so that's it for now. Later.