FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ps F at the SFO RCC - are you entitled to drink chits?
Old May 29, 2008, 10:02 am
SEA1K4EVR

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by honmani2
Yes, no drink chits at SFO RCC. I arrived from Frankfurt in the evening on a direct flight to SFO. I got on the next flight to HNL the next morning and went to the RCC and was told no drink chits since I wasn't flying international.

Here's my questions:

1. If I had a connecting flight that day (which was impossible in this case), would I have been able to get RCC drink chits since I'm on my way home on an int'l flight? I was in business class.

2. Would I have been able to even get into the RCC? I'm not a RCC member and I was on business class the day before and domestic first class that morning.

3. Would I have been able to enter the int'l RCC at SFO based on my itinerary?
1. No.. drink chits are only given when you are departing, not arriving
2. Yes you can use the RCC while waiting for a connection after arriving in business class.
3. Per what Lucky said above, yes you could if you can make it past the TSA at the international terminal with your domestic ticket (some argue otherwise) but you would really have no reason to because your onward flight would be leaving from the domestic terminal so the domestic RCC would be more convenient for you.

Do they even stock drink chits at the domestic RCC at SFO? It seems there is no reason for them to... all international flights depart from the int'l terminal and I imagine those pax would be encouraged to visit the int'l RCC for their drink chits.