FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do Priority Club Platinum members NOT get upgrades unless they ask at check in ?
Old May 28, 2008, 11:16 am
est-gratuite

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Question Why do Priority Club Platinum members NOT get upgrades unless they ask at check in ?

I have been a PC Platinum member for over half a year now but have found that the ICH hotels (whether Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn) do NOT upgrade your room before arrival or even at the check in desk UNLESS you specifically ask for this. I 've even tried asking for the upgrade beforehand when making the online booking in the "special customer requests" field but this does not work either....

Most of the time what happens to me when I arrive at the check in desk is that they already have my electronic room keys ready and programmed. Thereupon I ask what kind of room I have been allocated and 95% of the time it is the one I have booked. Then I point out my platinum status and the receptionist usually has to go ask their manager for approval or snaps back at me with something like "This is only if available !" or in some cases say "Oh...yes, I can change it for you...." and then have to allocate me a completely new room and programm new keys.

Is it normal as a Plat member to have to ask for the upgrade EVERY time at check in even if its a holiday inn or crowne plaza? If I wasn't paying attention each time I checked into another hotel I would hardly ever get this benefit.