FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Given a car with duct tape holding the bumper together at CLT
Old May 27, 2008, 3:37 pm
gj83

I haven't quite figured out how to really take advantage of Local Avis locations so I always rent from CLT even though I pass most of the Locals.

I pretty much always get a full sized SUV or an eclipse.

Something is always wrong. I routinely check the blinkers before getting settled. too many left turn signals that didn't work.

Last car had no working cigarette adapter so I had to keep turning off my GPS driving to Kinston to preserve battery. I needed to get there and the weather was bad so I didn't stop at RDU to change it out.

I never worry about checking for scratches though because they could care less

1 time they put the wrong contract in my car. I got to the gate and the gate person realized it so I went to the counter to get the contract changed to the car they gave me. I said i wanted a contract for the Saturn Aura in my spot. The guy thought I wanted an Aura (called Aurora) and said they had none. I said either find the Sonata on the contract or just issue me a contract for the aura you put my contract in. This took 2 people to realize that I wasn't asking for a different car...i just wanted to get a contract that would get me the car they assigned me.

Local locations can't be that bad, I can't expense a taxi to Carolinas Place and wouldn't ever leave my car in that parking lot...but it is looking much better.