FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China
Old May 24, 2008, 5:29 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I am back at the JW Marriott, enjoying the superb platinum treatment. I was in touch before arrival, as I knew we would arrive mid morning. The day before I arrived, I saw that our online room assignment was upgraded to a studio with executive lounge access.

Sure enough, on arriving at 10am, we were given a king studio on the 44th floor. It has a comfortable sitting area, and a TV in a hutch that divides the living area from the bed area. The TV swivels 180 degrees so that it can be seen from the bed or sofa. The one quibble I have is that the bathroom is immediately off the bed area, with a glassed in door. Thus, turning on a light during the night means that the bed is flooded with light.

The lounge has a nice assortment of appetizers in the evening, with very attentive service from staff. There are two computers free for use, as well as free wireless service.

Smog is attrocious. You cannot see the sky at all. The last time I was here was in a Feb, and I don't remember the smog at all.

Be sure to get cards for taxis before going out. Even with the cards, we are finding drivers trying to drop us off somewhere close but not where we are going; I think they just don't know. And even with a card for the hotel, the drivers seem very confused.