FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving TSA......career advice.....
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2008, 5:23 pm
Arthurrs

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Sounds to me like you're trying to figure out where you fit in this world. I strongly suggest you figure out where your giftings and motivations are (your career counselor at college/university should be able to help you with this), and based on that, start mapping out a plan of action on what you should do next. Unfortunately I did not do this until I was enrolled in a class at graduate school that went through all this, it helped me gain some focus on my graduate program, despite the fact that I still pursued two degrees!

Don't get hung up on trying to make a choice that you seemingly have to live with for the rest of your life. When you're in your early forties, you may well be asking the same questions again! I have several classmates from high school that have suddenly changed directions, even from very lucrative jobs!

Remember this is a journey you're on, while you may think what you've already done might be time wasted, 10 years down the road you'll find that certainly is not the case, you learned what you don't want to do in life, and has made you to be the person you are.