FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving TSA......career advice.....
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2008, 4:37 pm
Iworkhere

Originally Posted by greg47
First off i would say that if u have been in training about 2 months,u don't have a lot more to go.I would surely finish that so as not to look like a quiter.My wife is a CBP officer so what little i do know comes from her.Once u get into the system,u can slide from 1 agency to another fairly easy,and they have many jobs within each agency.I think u already know that if u have been on usajobs.gov.com,and there are many more jobs that are not posted on that site.If i was u I would be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.Just my 2 cents.Good luck.
It's 3 months, plus 2 more for us who don't speak spanish. Why would I transfer to another LEO job if I'm not all that interested in this one. I've stated I've very likely make a mistake in my occupation choice. CBP officer work POE's, BP Agents work in-between the POE's and the academies are quite a bit different.

What would it look like if I took this job and than transferred over to a different agency. Still the same as quitting, as far as my peers are concerned. Honestly, I'm not worried about them or perception, if I leave most of these people are never going to see me again, or remember me in months to come. My main concern is taking care of myself and getting my ... straightened out.