FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread!
Old May 20, 2008, 3:37 am
flight62

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by flight62
An A319 is flying from MEX-CLT. Rare as it may be, there are no English speaking passengers. The flight is oversold. US Airways must allow Spanish speaking passengers in the exit row because 10 seats would go out open and 10 customers would be pumped in what would now be an oversell. TRUE or FALSE?

I'll let this ride a few days before answering.
Since a certain newbie gave it away already, the exit rows would have to go out empty if there were no English speaking passengers...I know unlikely, but just for S&G's.

US Airways is an English speaking carrier and is required to have passengers in those rows who speak English. They must be able to comprehend the English language. Not just be able to answer the question "Do you speak English?" The glassy stare usually confirms whether they can or can not comprehend.

That is why we are required to ask you if you speak English when at the exit row.