FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Access on Transcon F ticket, with an A or C fare?
Old May 18, 2008, 12:19 am
shadesofgrey1x

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I don't get the logic behind the idea that AA would bother to specify required fare class for lounge access then actively ignore it.
The query was posed because AA is not alone in the world when it comes to having a myriad of rules and a wide degree with respect to the severity and effort they put into enforcement.

A few key examples here:. Segment upgrade miles accumulation restarts every March 1st, yet if you call you can get prorated segment upgrades. AC chits for INTL travelers, wide latitude with the rules here. BA lounge access for PLATS on a OW INTL ITN. etc...... Even MM status, all undocumented.

These insider secrets are what FT is all about. Anyone should be free to post a query and get an honest answer without attitude that implies the query was stupid.

From the posts I've seen thus far the options seem to be you can ask but, probably will be turned down. If you want it badly buy a one day pass. This is fair. Now if I do decide to buy a pass I will not feel short changed for not pursuing other avenues.

For the record I have used the lounges with Z inventory several times, just wanted some sage advice. Thank you to those of you who gave it to me.