FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH increases[/reduces] fuel surcharge
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2008, 10:00 pm
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by hserus
Either your TA is shitting you, or his company's of the sort that gets tons of price notifications etc etc from airlines, just files them away and then quotes whatever they find in the system when you book it. For them at least, issuing tickets as late as they can, having taken your money well in advance, simply means that they can settle with LH much later.

That's one reason I prefer to book directly with the airline these days, except in cases where there are multiple airlines involved, and that I cant get the airline to ticket [and where schedules are a bit too tight for me to risk getting 2 separate tickets and no protection against misconnects]
Actually, I insist on booking through LH, as he is a sub-agent and the IATA books it directly through LH, then we also do not have to pay an extra cc fee. (But we do not get any rebate either)

I do this is to get double miles on *A carriers with my US card, the same which also charges 3% for foreign transactions...

He is not deceptive enough or smart enough to do the above, so this is both good and bad, respectively!