FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help with Mileage Run For Platinum status
Old May 13, 2008, 10:26 pm
pdquick

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Originally Posted by SkyVillager
Welcome to FlyerTalk, tinman1412

Did you read about and register yourself for various bonus promotions AA is offering now?

Most important one: Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles
- must register, travel by 6/15/8
- any earned EQM will count twice towards your elite status (will be good if you decide to fly AA some more later in 2008 and go for the higher elite level)
- these will be status miles only, not RDM

Few more (in case you decide to visit these places ):

Double miles between Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas and Grand Junction, Colorado
- must register, travel by 6/30/8 - nonstop
- will receive bonus miles (not status, only RDM)

Double Miles Between DFW And El Salvador

- must register, travel by 6/30/8 - nonstop DFW-SAL
- will receive bonus miles (not status, only RDM)

Check aa.com for info on other promos usefull to you.

HTH
While these are good suggestions generally, they won't do anything for your challenge, because you need points not miles.

I suggest going to farecompare.com. About midway down the page on the far right side, click on "Cheap Airfare Deals." Put "DFW" in the "Depart:" box, choose American from the pull-down menu, and click "Change." Then click on the maps on the page that comes up. This will show the cheapest destinations available.

Remember, on a deeply discounted fare, you will get 0.5 points per mile (be sure your flights are only on American, American Eagle, or American Connection--no codeshares!). I'm thinking you could get what you need with say a DFW-SJU-DFW plus a DFW-EWR-DFW. You could really score if you could get DFW-JFK-SJU-JFK-DFW.

And try not to be embarassed about doing a "turn." I had a day off last week on a trip to PHL, so I flew to DFW, got my shoes shined, and flew back to PHL. Around here, that's a badge of honor.

Welcome to FlyerTalk.