FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance for congratulatory upgrade for newlyweds? ORD-NRT J-F?
Old May 13, 08, 12:49 pm
  #138  
wanaflyforless
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: MHT/BOS <--> World
Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Posts: 4,560
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy View Post
I've been doing it wrong. A few weeks or months before my trip I talk to the Exec Plat desk and apply my earned upgrades. So you're saying to omit that step? I'm supposed to talk instead to the station manager at my originating airport? If so, this is really handy information which will save me significant time and effort in the future.
Do you prefer the .5%-5% chance method to the 95% chance method?

Why begrudge someone the former when you can use the latter?

Perhaps you have the miles/financial wealth to do the lattter while the OP doesn't. So you choose the latter while the OP might choose the former. You have the advantage.
wanaflyforless is offline