FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance for congratulatory upgrade for newlyweds? ORD-NRT J-F?
Old May 12, 2008, 10:28 pm
shadesofgrey1x

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by moldavian
Who said anything about being entitled to a free upgrade? It is a kind gesture, a gift, whatever you want to call it given by an airline employee. It doesn't happen often as we all know... I think that it is safe to say that it is quite rare. So, I think that it is ok when it happens. I also think that it is even better when a passenger does it for a fellow passenger.
If the OP did not feel any sense of entitlement then why would they even pose the query in the first place? Look up the definition of entitlement what they are are seeking fits the bill.

When a PAX does it for another PAX that fits the definition of an act of charity and it is totally their perogative to do so. But, again what difference should a honeymoon flight make with respect to a free upgrade? The OP thinks it should make a difference, otherwise, the thread would be titled " good looking young couple seeks free J to F upgrade just for the asking, chances?????"

This whole business of trying to equate a honeymoon upgrade with a F seat for the sick or elderly is sheer nonsense.