FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance for congratulatory upgrade for newlyweds? ORD-NRT J-F?
Old May 11, 2008, 2:58 pm
azmojo

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Any chance for congratulatory upgrade for newlyweds? ORD-NRT J-F?

So i'm now about a month away from my honeymoon starting Jun 19, PHX-ORD-NRT on AA in J, a 90k mile AAward flight. We were just married two weeks ago.

We're in J which is nice, but it would be great if I could get us into F somehow, where my bride truly deserves to be.

I'm no longer elite (on AA), so I know my only option really is probably to appeal to the gate agent's sense of kindness. We are a young, fun, and (if I say so myself) cute couple and we would make the F cabin look great if we were sitting up there.

The flight (153) is 1/3 to 1/2 full in J and F at the moment so I'm guessing there will be availability.

The other obstacle is that we will checkin in PHX, and have no need to see a GA in ORD, although we should have time to stop into the AC (1.5 hour layover).

I know it's a long shot, but there has to be a good strategy you all can help me come up with to finagle something here!