FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggested itinerary for driving the PCH from SFO to LAX (or SAN?) in 7 days
Old May 7, 2008, 8:31 pm
SRQ Guy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by iapetus
Bit of a bummer that you'd just skip Los Angeles, California. But, oh well ...
I've been there many times, and sadly found it to be the most overrated city I've ever visited.

I think that Quaker325's itinerary sounds fine, but it's a bit heavy on the area right around Monterey, California, IMO. I think of Santa Cruz, California, and Carmel, California, as all being adjacent to one another. I'd collapse those three days into two and spend another day further on down the coast.

One more thing: you're looking at a 2.5- to 3-hour drive to LAX from Santa Barbara, California. And, you're going to lose 3 hours flying to Florida. So, you're likely going to have to get up pretty early to arrive home at a decent hour (I would think).
Thanks for the advice. I'm aware of the long flight home. I suspect we'll spend the last night in a hotel at LAX so as to enable catching an early flight home conveniently.

Of course, getting up early when there's a toddler around is pretty easy from what I hear. On the flip side, you will be able to look forward to a jet-lagged toddler when you get home who will sleep three hours later than usual. ^
Indeed.