FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading military personnel by F/A's
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2008, 6:50 pm
GalleyWench

Originally Posted by CPRich
First, I'd like to see more than "I read somewhere someone implying they heard something" to substantiate this. US isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, IMHO, but this strains credulity.

Second, while I have upgraded military personnel as companions and would give up my seat, there are reasons we have rules and guidelines, and a FF should have the right to a seat before a non-status flier. We certainly reserve the right to express our disagreement with their decision making, and would hope that many fliers would make what I consider the right decision. But I do have to say that ignoring program rules and making executive decisions on board isn't a good idea. Just think about how FT'ers freak out when a company doesn't follow the program rules when the benefit us.

If someone can provide a link that verifies the story, an email storm raining on Tempe sounds like a good idea. Media included.
I understand what you are saying and I do agree with you. It is not the GA or FA's job to make executive decisions; however, as I said in my earlier post I wait until the flight is closed out and the door is closed before I upgrade military folks. Trust me, if we still have an empty seat and the door is getting ready to close most FF's will let you know without a doubt that they are on the upgrade list and got overlooked.
I will only put military folks in FC under 2 circumstances.
(1) The seat is going to be empty
(2) A FF or any other FC passenger volunteers their seat.
Anything else is out of my hands and I do not play Upgrade God