FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier changing into your standard airline
Old May 5, 2008, 8:15 pm
GreatChecko

Are you sure its $5? Everything I've read has said the price is $3, which for what they are offering is a pretty reasonable price.

Unfortunately, since people won't pay a premium to fly on Frontier, they are having to charge for more things. It's a vicious cycle, I know, people don't want to pay for better service, because they feel that they don't get it, but when they don't pay a premium, the airline has to raise prices or offer less service to remain in business.

Since price is all *most* passengers care about, then everything is aimed at offering a lower price while still trying to make money at $120 barrel oil.

Also, DirecTV now owns the equipment and is making those changes. Shorter haul flights to Albuquerque, Anchorage, Boise, Billings, Cabo San Lucas, Cancún, Cozumel, Dallas/Fort Worth, El Paso, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Mazatlán, Minneapolis, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, Salt Lake City, San José (Costa Rica), Tucson and Tulsa are now $3.99.

However, they still haven't joined the throng and still don't charge for a second bag. I hope they never do.

Last edited by GreatChecko; May 5, 2008 at 8:21 pm