FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines In Talks With Continental
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:53 am
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CO 1E
You assume that CO would allow 1) reasonable EQM earning percentages on BA TATL flights (not 25% or 0% for low fares), and 2) reward redemption for BA F. I am not convinced that CO would allow 100% EQM's on all but the top coach/WTP fare classes.

International F lounge access would be nice, however.
I don't care much about what discount coach on BA would earn. To deny 100% EQMs on a $1,200 "discount" WTP fare IAH-LHR-AMS would be a bit silly. I wouldn't put it past CO, but I'd be willing to bet that WTP fares earn 100% EQMs if this alliance pans out. As for reward redemptions in BA F, that's less certain. However, does OneWorld restrict its members that don't have F cabins (IB, Finnair, RJ, etc.) from F redemptions?