FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Wyndham Changed their BRG Program with prepaid rates no longer required?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 2:39 pm
roadtripman

Originally Posted by rc408
I tried the BRG with a cancellable rate and my request was rejected (Palm Springs 9/20-9/21/08).
Very interesting and unexpected. It seems there is something more to this story than meets the eye.

I've had several readers tell me "pshh, you can get claims approved on the cancellable Best Available Rates, what are you talking about?". They didn't further elaborate how or why.

In talking with one of my most trusted contributors, he's told me that he's heard of this happening, but that the claims were initially rejected but were processed on the second round. According to him, it largely depends on the agent involved.

In any case, it doesn't hurt to try. But, it looks like my announcement may have been premature and based on bum information. This is a true YMMV situation, I think. Regardless, I'll be considering it to be the same terms and conditions as before from herein on the blog, most disappointedly.

EDIT: All signs are pointing to a string of valid claims, probably from the same employee at Wyndham (possibly new) that didn't know the rules about the BRG. This looks like a mistake at best.

Last edited by roadtripman; Apr 28, 2008 at 3:13 pm Reason: new information