FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Wyndham Changed their BRG Program with prepaid rates no longer required?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:46 pm
rc408

Originally Posted by warm cake
. This mistake will cost me +$250.
I tried the BRG with a cancellable rate and my request was rejected (Palm Springs 9/20-9/21/08).

Here is what I was sent:
We have reviewed your request and your reservation and find that you did not book a Wyndham WebRate reservation; you actually booked the cancellable rate on www.wyndham.com. The Webmatch Guarantee Program is valid only for reservations booked utilizing our Wyndham WebRates. The WebRates are fully restricted--that is they are fully prepaid at the time of booking and are non-changeable, non-cancelable and non-refundable once the reservation has been confirmed. Your current reservation can be changed or cancelled prior to arrival and you did not have to prepay at the time of booking. Due to the fact that you do not have a WebRate reservation booked, we cannot process your request and we must deny it at this time.

I then cancelled the cancellable room with Wyndham. I'm not sure why you can't cancel if you booked the cancellable rate Warm Cake.

I've now booked the WEBRATE uncancellable rate with Wyndham and have submitted the BRG for the same dates. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for the website and info Roadtripman.^