FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on where to go in Thailand (or PI)
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:57 am
KosraeTV

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Opinions on where to go in Thailand (or PI)

OK, I'm gonna be stationed in Bangkok for two months. I go there every other month anyways and I've been to Chonburi, Chiang Mai, Phuket and many other places.

I want to take someone to a nice area, beach resort maybe type place but nothing too fancy, nothing too touristy etc... We are not disco folks (yes once in a while we go to CM2 or Spice Club or such in BKK), we are not shopping folks (sure we'll hit a market now and then), we do bike over 30 miles a day when we can but we already scheduled a biking tour of Thailand, etc... We already will be going to Lao and Sisaket and other places so I'm leaning more towards beach for a weekend or during week get away. I like to hit Chonburi Nong Nooch Gardens and Khao Kheow Zoo (spelling) for get aways as it is but want something different as we will do that anyways.

Would prefer to fly and not bus or train or car it... I know Phuket and it is for tourists IMHO but am not totally against going near that area again if I find the right spot. Where I have been was... well let's say it was for single guys mainly and that's the not the reason we would be hitting these areas. I speak a little thai and my friend speaks it fluently.

Any and all opinions would be welcomed... resorts... areas... etc.... My other choice is to head off to Philippines for a weekend and am leaning that way too. Gonna post this same thing in asia almost so if anyone has anything from PI let me know. I am in Manila every other month also and know manila but don't want to go there, want to head out and not really into Cebu either...

We are islanders so heat won't bother us and rain will screw up our sun but we're tan already so no big issue but is a consideration.

Or would Singapore be OK???

Last edited by KosraeTV; Apr 27, 2008 at 4:02 am