FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What was it that hooked you into the FlyerTalk Community?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:55 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
A similar question was asked in a now closed thread in TravelBuzz! Forum back in March (due to its OMNI potential, I believe). I am just going to repeat myself here.

If you insist we have an "intellectual conversation" on FT addiction, I would probably say FT feeds our intellectual buds while we "waste", I mean "invest", our precious time learning something we can "reasonably" achieve, relate, and understand in real life (from FTers' perspectives of course ).

We get to see the real "growth" in our mileage/points banks. While cranking up our miles/points collections, we get to "see" the world through fellow FTers' accounts as well. A social trap, I mean "network", is formed and group identity developed along the process. More importantly, there's no exit. Once you are in, I mean REALLY in, you are hooked.

Somehow FT makes me a better person but a worse student. God help me. I don't think there's any way out now. Plus, Randy hasn't set up the FT 12 Steps Program yet.