FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to Stay in NY
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2008, 1:55 am
yapak2

Originally Posted by ewick12
I'm trying to choose between the Sheraton Hotels & Towers and the Four Points Chelsea. The Sheraton Manhattan seems like it's out of the question due to many horrible reviews on FT.

The Four Points has free internet, water, apparently more updated and doesn't attract the huge tourist groups (e.g. from cruise ships) but are the rooms too small? We'll have three people in the room (2 adults, 1 child). I am SPG Gold so I'm not expecting an upgrade but it would be nice. I will be using points so cost isn't relevant.

What hotel is superior? Any advice is really appreciated.
i cant comment on the SHT but just returned from the 4P. I am SPG Plat and only got a standard room as all others were full, no special treatment or welcome whatsoever. I ended up on the 16th floor (SPG floor) and yes the room is VERY small. I can confirm the free water (one small bottle of Poland Spring per day) as well as the free internet (wired or rather weak wireless signal). Coffee is also available in the room. I would not recommend sharing with 3, it can be very cramped. The bathroom is also very small. Dont get me wrong, it is ok but certainly far from being as hip as some may make it. The bar and the food are mediocre, the staff are mixed (some extremely grumpy and uncaring, others very outgoing), but it certainly is a good enough place to rest your head for a couple of hours.
BTW, there are NO protesters currently, but signs on the opposite building saying stuff like "Shame on 4p"...quite bizarre...