FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you FF deal with Frontier's uncertainty
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:54 am
loboclone

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I tend to think they're not going anywhere. They've got a fair amount of cash on hand, and a pretty decent cost structure. Not sure what bankruptcy is going to do for them except for eliminating the hold back problem.

The bigger problem is that the new CEO comes from Air Canada and is thinking about radically changing the fair structure to look something like Air Canada's. Air Canada's menu pricing (some get drinks/some get miles/some get checked bags/some get seat assignments) may work where there is an essential monopoly (OK, maybe duopoly) but it doesn't sound too good to me. I'm working on 100K with F9 this year and if they don't get the fare structure right, ... I may be back to AA, connection of not, but almost always F.
With about 30K miles in my account and the lack of award seats I am worried. I am still flying F9, I have 2 flights the next 2 weeks on them. But using the miles is a problem, I have really no problem using my WN RR so I am going to use WN more.

As for what the Chapter 11 filing does for them this week became more obvious. Cutting the republic flights and their agreement spells out that the E170 planes cost to much to fly vs. revenue. The Chapter 11 filing protects them from a huge cost of cutting republic. Look for more adjustments and cuts. With WN adding more capacity again at DEN again this week it really puts more pressure on F9. Going to be a long summer.