FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAS Enrich – a frustrating experience - never again
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:03 am
uselessenrich

Angry MAS Enrich – a frustrating experience - never again

Reading through the posts relating to Enrich, the only consolation is that I am not alone!

Future Enrich ‘targets’ BEWARE, this program is full of catches and there is no customer service to speak of, despite the web site stating that ‘they are always there’ (I guess I should have asked where is ‘there’, because they obviously can’t read the emails from where it is).

My first (and last) foray into redeeming Enrich points to up grade from economy to business has resulted in:
- having to buy a more expensive H class economy ticket to up grade (Enrich surcharge I call it)
- finding a flight with ‘upgradeable’ seats is VERY limited (even though I am booking 6 months in advance)
- 4 emails sent to Enrich – no reply
- Rang Enrich – 24 minutes on hold, line drooped out
- Rang Enrich – 46 minutes on hold, was told a business seat was available on a certain flight, but could not tell me if there was an H class economy ticket available on the same flight, transferred to fare enquiries
- Finally found a seat in H class, booked with travel agent, rang Enrich to upgrade and they wanted ticket number. As I had paid over the phone, ticket was not due to be issued for a few weeks. Told I could not upgrade without ticket number. I told them I have a MAS reference number given to me by my travel agent. No good, could not upgrade. SO if I wait until my ticket comes through, upgradeable seat will have gone, BUT I MUST first have economy ticket to upgrade and an upgradeable seat must be on the same flight.
The whole experience of trying to redeem these points has been so frustrating. The lack of correspondence is just unbelievable. My question is not out of the ordinary, probably one they get ALL the time. It’s a general upgrade question.
I have actually had it with MAS. I have spent a lot of money with this airline and I genuinely like the in air service and flight staff, but NEVER again. Once the points are used up, I will be sending them my Enrich card and bidding them farewell forever. With the competition in this region one should not put up with mediocrity, or rather non existent service.